An Introduction

Say hello here!

An Introduction

Postby MedicGoalie84 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm

I've been a member here for a week now and I just realised that I forgot to introduce myself. I've been into computers for as long as I can remember from running educational software on my dad's Commodore Colt, and beating Solitaire on one trip through the deck in Windows 3.1, all the way through the gaming rig that I just finished building. Hell, I used the Colt monitor through the late 90's for my NES. I've always liked old hardware and flight simulators (I've owned ever version Microsoft made since 5.1). I've been wanting an older computer for a while and had been debating between a Commodore, an Apple, and an IBM for some time when I saw a PCjr for sale and it came with Flight Simulator 2.1! Well, that made it a no-brainer, and now I am here and I want to learn as much as possible about this wonderful machine that I have acquired!
MedicGoalie84

Re: An Introduction

Postby KenG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Welcome. My first IBM compatible was a Colt. I put a VGA card and adLib in it and played a lot of games on it.
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Return to Introductions