Bubble Bobble... is it compatible?

Software related questions

Bubble Bobble... is it compatible?

Postby geoffdaddy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 am

And by compatible... I mean once you do the Tandy mod. I've done the mod but it still doesn't look right. Tetris does, but not Bubble Bobble.
PCjr: 10MB RACore 01 hard drive expansion, Hotshot 640kB RAM expander, optical mouse, Xircom PE3, speech sidecar.
geoffdaddy

Re: Bubble Bobble... is it compatible?

Postby Trixter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm

The mod, if done properly, opens up the second 16KB at B800:0000 but it isn't a magic bullet. Try some of the other software listed on http://mkgraham.dx.am/JRTO10.TXT -- do they work now? If so, you've done the mod correctly.

Without the mod, 320x200x16 screens will have every 3rd and 4th line blank. What does Bubble Bobble look like? (photo?)
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Re: Bubble Bobble... is it compatible?

Postby geoffdaddy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 am

Trixter wrote:The mod, if done properly, opens up the second 16KB at B800:0000 but it isn't a magic bullet. Try some of the other software listed on http://mkgraham.dx.am/JRTO10.TXT -- do they work now? If so, you've done the mod correctly.

Without the mod, 320x200x16 screens will have every 3rd and 4th line blank. What does Bubble Bobble look like? (photo?)

So, a little followup. Apparently the mod did work! The video displays cleanly as it should. I had to twiddle some settings on the jrconfig.sys driver for it to work properly. Unfortunately there's no "Tandy" sound despite my selecting that in the config. So it must do some probing operation regardless of what is selected to see what to play, as all I get is normal PC speaker music.
PCjr: 10MB RACore 01 hard drive expansion, Hotshot 640kB RAM expander, optical mouse, Xircom PE3, speech sidecar.
geoffdaddy

Return to PCjr Software