The Electronic Library

Software related questions

The Electronic Library

Postby Trixter » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:39 am

Someone (Jim?) at VCFMW this year brought a curious store demonstration program for the PCjr called The Electronic Library of Selected IBM Personal Computer Software. It's curious in that it is specifically written for PCjr cartridge BASIC to take advantage of 16-color graphics to better wow the customers, even though the software being advertised is for regular PCs as well as PCjrs.

I finally got around to imaging and scanning the documentation, which you can find here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/Softwar ... 20library/

I apologize profusely for forgetting which one of us lent this to me to image -- please send me a PM so I can send it back to you!
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Re: The Electronic Library

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:54 pm

That was me. :) Did you actually get it to work? It crashed on me when I tried on my PCjr with DOS 3.3. I think maybe it needed an earlier DOS or something.
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

--- AtariProtos.com ---
The color of infinity inside an empty glass
Tempest

Re: The Electronic Library

Postby Trixter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 pm

I believe it needs the DOS 2.x and the BASIC cartridge. The program is BASIC, protected in an odd way that I'd never seen before so I was unable to just load it and then SAVE "",a it out. I haven't tried it yet because I have to finish some in-progress projects before setting up a PCjr, which I hope to do before the end of the year.
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Return to PCjr Software