PCjr Newsletters

General discussions on the PCjr

PCjr Newsletters

Postby strollin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 am

I came across a webpage that has PCjr newsletters from 1987-1993. Interesting reading and very nostalgic. Here's the link http://pcjrhunter.f-sw.com/
Maybe Mike would like to put the link in his links page?
strollin

Re: PCjr Newsletters

Postby Brutman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 pm

I think that by referencing here in the post Google and the other search engines will get it.

Btw, the jrNewsletters that are posted are similar to the ones that Jim Thomson scanned and put on CD a few years ago. Jim - are they yours? If so, do you know the person behind pcjrhunter.f-sw.com?

On a related topic, I have at least a full set of the Eugene Oregon PCjr Users Club newletters to scan. There just isn't enough time in the day ...
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Jim Thomson » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 pm

They certainly look the same. The (s) at the end of the file names was to indicate that the PDF is searchable.
I've no idea who's behind pcjrhunter.f-sw.com.

Don't bother scanning the Eugene PCjr Club Newsletters. I've already scanned them as well as The Junior Report and a bunch of other newsletters that Brian sent me. I just haven't had the time to clean up the scans and run them through the text recognition software that makes them searchable.
Jim Thomson

Postby strollin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Ahhh, I wondered what the (s) meant. I did see that the newsletters were searchable. Thanks for that info Jim.
strollin

Return to PCjr General Discussion