Welcome!

Open discussion for anything computer related

Welcome!

Postby Brutman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:42 am

Since October 2000 I have had a small pile of electrons dedicated to documenting and preserving knowledge about the IBM PCjr. The original web site has had two or three homes due to ISP changes, but it's always been available in some form or another. The web site served its purpose, but I always wanted it to be more interactive.

There has been a PCjr specific forum for a number of years over at micro-zone.com. Micro-zone was great for a number of years, but it has some deficiencies. I would like to publicly thank Brian for providing it all of these years but it is time for an update and some changes.

Anyway, I am pleased that you have stumbled into this corner of the online universe. Enjoy your stay, make yourself at home, and have some fun. This will probably be a small and select group, so mind your manners. The topic is not strictly the PCjr (I like many older machines), but try to not get out of hand. For a great web forum on vintage computers, try Erik Klein's Vintage Computer Forums at http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/

Regards,
Mike
Brutman
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Postby Brutman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Quick update - Brian is alive and well. And I think he agrees that it's time to let micro-zone expire and start again. I think - he wasn't yelling at me, which is a good sign. :-)

We'll work on getting the old forum postings available for download.
Brutman
Site Admin

Return to General Computer Discussions