PCjr. BASIC Games w/Enhanced Graphics & Sound

Software related questions

PCjr. BASIC Games w/Enhanced Graphics & Sound

Postby GHiero » Sat May 14, 2016 10:16 pm

I found some BASIC games a guy had programmed on his Tandy 1000EX here : http://www.brooksdeforest.com/tandy1000/

After fixing most of the files so they would actually work, I got this guy's games working. They were surprisingly impressive, often using 160x200x16 graphics and 3-voice sound. I do not know yet if they will work in the PCjr. given potential differences between Cartridge BASIC and Tandy GW-BASIC and memory sizes (PCjr. 128KB, Tandy 1000EX/HX 256KB). While these games are a bit slow and simple, still they are very impressive given the extra work required to get this stuff working.

Are there any other games that exist that make use of the PCjr.'s enhanced graphics and sound and actually run on a PCjr.? Type-in listings from the short heyday of the PCjr. perhaps?
GHiero

Re: PCjr. BASIC Games w/Enhanced Graphics & Sound

Postby Trixter » Sun May 15, 2016 1:37 pm

GHiero wrote:Type-in listings from the short heyday of the PCjr. perhaps?

Yes, Family Computing ran BASIC listings for a while and I remember a few of them having PCjr-specific sections so that they'd support the 3-voice channel. Archive.org has the full run of Family Computing Magazines.
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Postby Hargle » Mon May 16, 2016 6:25 am

Would you be willing to post/share your modified versions for others? I'll pull them all into the Total DOS collection so your work will never be lost.
Hargle

Postby GHiero » Tue May 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Hargle wrote:Would you be willing to post/share your modified versions for others? I'll pull them all into the Total DOS collection so your work will never be lost.

Check my folder in the usual place, they have been there for a while.
GHiero

Postby Hargle » Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 am

ah! then I already have them. Typical me- not even knowing what I have. thanks!
Hargle

Return to PCjr Software