PC-XT Turbo

Open discussion for anything computer related

Re: PC-XT Turbo

Postby KenG » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:56 am

I think I may have found the cause of the lock ups when trying to play King's Bounty on the DTK DATA-1000. It has some special sound circuitry as described in this patent "Binary system for generating sound US 5054086 A". I noticed that when I got the game to play from floppies there is music where I get clicks on the PCjr. The music is coming from the PC speaker, not the ones hooked to the soundblaster. I did a Google search on "DTK DATA-1000 sound" and the patent came up. The problem is that I have no idea what ports, interrupt, and memory it is using.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Postby Trixter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:03 am

It may help to not cross-post to two different forums with the same members. VCFED can better solve this for you. Also, I'm not turning up any information on the data-1000 audio you describe, so a link or two might help (in the other forum thread).
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Postby KenG » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Ok, I was just trying for the widest audience.
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Previous

Return to General Computer Discussions