jrIDE variants

Hardware questions and modifications

jrIDE variants

Postby Brutman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 pm

I was watching a recent video on YouTube about a PCjr with a jrIDE on it and I noticed the BIOS message from the jrIDE looked wrong. The BIOS I did (yes, I know it needs updating) dates back to early 2012, with the last update being 2012-11-12. That BIOS spits out two lines, one for this web site and the other giving credit to the XT-IDE project on the original vintage-computer.com web site. In the video I saw the BIOS did not put out the lines in the same order, the BIOS date was different, and the brutman.com line was missing. Otherwise it looked the same.

Does anybody know the source of this other BIOS?
Brutman
Site Admin

Re: jrIDE variants

Postby Hargle » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:54 am

interesting! I claim "not it" on this. While I have provided the source for the original 0.11 release of the XTIDE BIOS to at least one other person, even I have no idea of what you changed to make it work on the jr.
Hargle

Re: jrIDE variants

Postby Brutman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:37 am

Oh, I'm not worried about it in that way ... I'm sure it's just an earlier version of the "good" BIOS that I released later that year.

If that is what it is then the jrIDE sidecar is one of the very earliest ones that Alan was shipping. And it needs a BIOS update. ;-0

Also, my memory is turning to crap. :(
Brutman
Site Admin

Return to PCjr Hardware