Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Say hello here!

Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Postby Eddietorial » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 pm

I bought my PCjr when they first came out. I upgraded it with a Racore Drive2 for the additional floppy and memory boost to 320K. IBM Filing Assistant was my database and Writing Assistant was my word processor. I was the secretary of a salt water fishing club and would send out meeting reminders on post cards that were form fed on an EPSON 100 printer. I used it to automate my Christmas letters and generate mailing labels. I bought “Tutor Trac” for my daughter and “SCUBA Venture” for me but never got into computer game playing then or ever. I boxed up my PCjr for good in 1990 when I bought a Windows PC. I held on to it thinking it might retain some value as a piece of vintage computing. I never expected people would still actually use them. I am now retired and have downsized my house and attic. I need to free up the storage space my PCjr system boxes are using. I unpacked it all on November 12th and it booted up just fine. I am happy to have found this forum. I have the monitor in original box, computer with drive2, all original power supplies, a joystick, PC Systems mouse, PC Keyboard(trashed the original), and all the manuals. 2 PCjr games, and software. See attached. I hope this forum will help me find it a new home and generate a few retirement dollars.
Attachments
Eddietorial PCjr System.pdf
(368.01 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Eddietorial

Re: Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Postby riq » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

welcome and nice setup!
riq

Postby Brutman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am

Just to make sure it is clear, this system needs a new home ... the OP is in South Carolina if that helps somebody decide to purchase/rescue it.
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Gremlin5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm

I would love to help you out as thats almost exactly like the Jr I had as a kid with the Racore addon but alas you are looking for some retirement dollars and best I could offer is some retirement quarters. :oops:

Best of Luck.
Gremlin5

Return to Introductions