Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Say hello here!

Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Postby Eddietorial » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 pm

I bought my PCjr when they first came out. I upgraded it with a Racore Drive2 for the additional floppy and memory boost to 320K. IBM Filing Assistant was my database and Writing Assistant was my word processor. I was the secretary of a salt water fishing club and would send out meeting reminders on post cards that were form fed on an EPSON 100 printer. I used it to automate my Christmas letters and generate mailing labels. I bought “Tutor Trac” for my daughter and “SCUBA Venture” for me but never got into computer game playing then or ever. I boxed up my PCjr for good in 1990 when I bought a Windows PC. I held on to it thinking it might retain some value as a piece of vintage computing. I never expected people would still actually use them. I am now retired and have downsized my house and attic. I need to free up the storage space my PCjr system boxes are using. I unpacked it all on November 12th and it booted up just fine. I am happy to have found this forum. I have the monitor in original box, computer with drive2, all original power supplies, a joystick, PC Systems mouse, PC Keyboard(trashed the original), and all the manuals. 2 PCjr games, and software. See attached. I hope this forum will help me find it a new home and generate a few retirement dollars.
Attachments
Eddietorial PCjr System.pdf
(368.01 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Eddietorial

Re: Rebooted my PCjr 11/12/18 and joined up

Postby riq » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

welcome and nice setup!
riq

Postby Brutman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am

Just to make sure it is clear, this system needs a new home ... the OP is in South Carolina if that helps somebody decide to purchase/rescue it.
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Gremlin5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm

I would love to help you out as thats almost exactly like the Jr I had as a kid with the Racore addon but alas you are looking for some retirement dollars and best I could offer is some retirement quarters. :oops:

Best of Luck.
Gremlin5

Postby Petteri » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am

I'm not sure if you still have this system and if you're willing to separate the parts out. I'd be interested in that Drive2 and the software you have if you still have and are willing to split it up.
Petteri

Return to Introductions