New PCjr fan

Say hello here!

Re: New PCjr fan

Postby Brutman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I have to concur with Matt. The PCjr owners are definitely more educated, better looking, and socially adjusted compared to owners of other machines. In fact, I'd say that we are superior to most of the population. ;-0
Brutman
Site Admin

Re: New PCjr fan

Postby Vorticon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 pm

MattCarp wrote:Hmm.. well, I'd say that the PCjr community was quite resourceful. In fact, it's an interesting reflection on the PCjr demographic - probably smarter than the typical C64 owner [now I'm stirring the pot!], but probably not as much cash, so unable to get a decked out Apple IIe or an IBM PC. "Necessity is the mother of invention", so the community developed enhancements beyond what papa IBM intended.

I'm sure there are other PCjr sociologists with a different take, but that's the best I could do in 100 words!

As long as you did not put down the TI 99/4A community, I'm OK with it :) I started like you with little cash and only the TI console and a tape recorder. It was only until much later (late 90's) that I acquired all the nice expansions etc... So you can imagine when I got my first PC how amazed I was that I had 256K of RAM (gasp!), an 80 column display and two floppy drive... Up until that point, all I could do was gawk at all the other fancy computers, but distinctly remember being very intrigued by the PCjr. Now I have one and it's earned a permanent spot in my den.
Vorticon

Previous

Return to Introductions