Hello from John

Say hello here!

Hello from John

Postby Storeadventures » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

I obtained my first PCjr in 1985 from ComputerCraft, right after IBM announced they were discontinuing the junior. We got the main system unit for some incredibly low price like 99 or 199 but by the time we added all the needed add ons the tab was up around 1,000. Ah, the memories. And that didn't even include the PCjr monitor.

My major memories of the computer are-- having a blast playing King's Quest, learning about DOS, and just becoming fluent with PCs in general. Later on around 1990, I did many upgrades including the 512k sidecar from PC Enterprises as well as adding some other items I obtained from used computer store (A MS Booster, PCjr monitor and mouse).

Unfortunately I parted with my original junior around 1992 when I built a PC from a kit and sold off my junior items to help pay for the parts. About ten years ago, I got the desire to get some PCjr items and get back into juniors.

I purchased a couple of PCjrs on auction and have been building my collection of items from there (along with some other purchases as well as a few items left over from my original junior).

Its been great fun catching up in the forums and reading all the interesting things people are doing with their juniors!
Storeadventures

Re: Hello from John

Postby Storeadventures » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Just to be specific (read Mike's intro post)....

I have multiple juniors. The one I use the most is a one drive junior with a Tecmar junior captain upgraded to 512k, for a total of 640k. I do not currently have a PCjr monitor so I hook it up to a television. I am rebuilding my collection bit by bit.
Storeadventures

Re: Hello from John

Postby Brutman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 am

I should go re-read my instructions. If it sounds like I'm trying to force confessions, that was not the intent. ; - 0

Welcome to our elite little club ...

Mike
Brutman
Site Admin

Return to Introductions