Greetings

Say hello here!

Greetings

Postby Gremlin5 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:10 pm

I just got myself on to the forums and thought I would introduce myself.

My 1st computer I had was a PCjr that my dad had bought and upgraded with a Racore addon adding the 2nd drive and 640k of ram. I have fond memories of that computer and recently came into possession of a basic 128k PCjr, well that kinda started my decent back into these old machines.

I'm going to be need some advice as of now I dont have just 1 PCjr but 3.. 8-) only problem is only 1 of the 3 is working... :roll: The last Jr I got I'm not quite sure what to do with as it had been cannibalized of all 4 of the socketable chips on it, I hope to meet more members on this site and get some good information.

Oh and I'm from the midwest (SD) and was just looking for something to do since we got a long winter coming again.
Gremlin5

Re: Greetings

Postby Brutman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 am

Hello, and welcome! I was in Rochester, MN for 20+ years ... it was those long winters that got me into retro computing.

The good news about PCjrs is that they are fairly simple to work on, the parts are mostly available, and they are still relatively inexpensive. So while I hate to see people doing solder practice on old machines, we don't quite have to resort to museum quality preservation equipment for a PCjr either.
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Trixter » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Chicago, Illinois veteran here... I hear you about the harsh winters. Welcome to the forums.
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Postby Chuckphd53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:09 pm

WELCOME Mr. Gremlin5..

You have come to the right place, many, many very well versed folks here on the Jr..

I am in Florida, east coast, so we get cold when the temperatures dip into the low 70's :)

You will find alot if information on Mikes boards, I suggest reading as much as possible it is like having thr Jr Bible at your finger tips.
and we are here to help when needed always..

Glad to have you ob-board..

Chuck
(PCJR/JR-IDE-512DOM,TandyMod,V20-10Chip,BiDir,LPT2,3FlopBrd,
USBEmulator,ZIP100,PS2Keybrd,MouseSysMouse,InternalSwitcherPS)
Chuckphd53

Return to Introductions