I'm enjoying collecting for the PCjr

Say hello here!

I'm enjoying collecting for the PCjr

Postby RuneRider » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello

I've been collecting computers on and off for thirty years. I used to be given unwanted hardware after convincing companies to donate old computers to local schools and began to enjoy playing with what I was given. I had come to believe I was the only person odd enough to do this, but discovered the hard way (after getting rid of much of my collection in the 2000's) that not only is there a community of collectors, but that I enjoy it now more than ever.

I added a PCjr to my collection by chance last year when I traded some hardware to a fellow collector and he offered a couple of jrs for what he wanted. I agreed and what I received was two systems with a great deal of extra stuff. I looked into the PCjr a little more and decided to collect for it.

Long story short, I now have a very clean and fairly complete system most of which is boxed with several items still sealed. I've found that the cost of collecting for the PCjr is much lower than most of my machines and that doing so is very enjoyable.

I'm currently attempting to acquire boxed examples of the cartridges that were available for the PCjr. I only have eight games/education carts and Lotus 123, so there are several to go.
RuneRider

Re: I'm enjoying collecting for the PCjr

Postby Hargle » Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 am

Welcome!
8 carts is actually a pretty significant number.
This is a list of all of them we know about so far:
https://www.brutman.com/PCjr/pcjr_options.html

Mind listing which ones you have and which ones you're missing? I may have some items in my collection that I'd be ok with parting with.
Hargle

Postby RuneRider » Wed May 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Hargle wrote:Welcome!
8 carts is actually a pretty significant number.
Mind listing which ones you have and which ones you're missing? I may have some items in my collection that I'd be ok with parting with.

Thanks! Glad to be a part of the community.

I currently own:

Mine Shaft x2
Crossfire x2
Scuba Venture x2
Mouser x2
Zyll
Bumble Plot
Adventures in Math
Monster Math
Lotus 123

I'm looking for boxed copies of any of the other cartridge games/apps or educational software to add to my collection. I just wish I knew of all the carts that were made.
RuneRider

Postby jscrow » Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 am

Zyll, Bumble Plot, Adventures in Math, Monster Math ... on cartridge??
jscrow

Postby RuneRider » Fri May 03, 2019 6:47 am

jscrow wrote:Zyll, Bumble Plot, Adventures in Math, Monster Math ... on cartridge??

I apologize. I made a mistake. Those titles are indeed disk based. I'm not sure how I forgot that.
RuneRider

Return to Introductions