PCjr T-shirts?

Open discussion for anything computer related

Do we need a PCjr t-shirt?

No, I don't wear any type of shirt whatsoever. Shirts are for Mac lovers.
No votes
Yes, but not this design - it was crudely drawn by a barbarian.
17%
Yes, this design could be fun. Please fill in the details.
83%
Other: Leave a reply to the thread please!
No votes

Total votes : 6

PCjr T-shirts?

Postby Brutman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:43 am

I'm been goofing off and thinking about a PCjr specific t-shirt design. I'm no graphic artist, but I think this concept is pretty fun:

It's a concept and I need to fill in the details; there is a lot of room there for PCjr specific references and gags. WOPR is the computer from War Games, which is contemporaneous with the PCjr. It seems more fitting than putting a vanilla PC or XT there.

Unlike the VCF shirts this is not a fund-raiser; just something to show your good taste. If a reasonable number get ordered pricing would be under $20 per shirt, including shipping in the US. The color would probably be amber because it shows up well against a black background. (Green isn't bad, but amber seems to be better.)

I'd like to gauge interest in this so I'm trying out the poll option. Let me know what you think!
Brutman
Site Admin

Re: PCjr T-shirts?

Postby Brutman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Side note: If you pick the "this was drawn by a barbarian" option you have to provide an alternative design. ;-0
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Trixter » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Willing to print multicolor, or only single-color?
You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!
Trixter

Postby Brutman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm

It's just a cost difference. What did you have in mind?
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby KenG » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:08 pm

I like the concept and your design is a good start. Hopefully some artists here can help you enhance it. I would probably buy one for $20, even though I rarely wear T-shirts.
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Postby Trixter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am

Brutman wrote:It's just a cost difference. What did you have in mind?

I'm chasing down a lead, but until I know more, there's always ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/Softwar ... sign-2.png which looks good on a white T-shirt.
Trixter

Postby Trixter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:28 pm

The artist can provide a higher-res version of this: https://i.imgur.com/ElZgPtd.png If you're interested. I currently have an exclusive :-) with this already on it, but I think the design is too good to keep to ourselves. If you like it, I can ask the artist to share the high-res version.
Trixter

Postby Brutman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:01 pm

The PCjr logo - that requires three colors. The PCjr drawing; beautiful, but probably can't be silk screened.

I know that things like mousepads can do a dye-sublimation process that is full color. How do you envision having these made? (I know silk screening well enough, but not the other methods.)
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby Trixter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:19 pm

I'm not privvy to t-shirt making; I've only ever uploaded art to something like cafepress or Zazzle and I would just get back a t-shirt. (That's neither optimal nor cheap, I recognize.)
Trixter

Return to General Computer Discussions