Jingle Disk

Software related questions

Jingle Disk

Postby drignor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Does anyone out there happen to know where I can track down the original 1985 version of Jingle disk? The only image I can seem to find online is the 1986 version, but they removed a lot of the animations from that one I'm more nostalgic for the 85 version anyway because that's the one I had growing up. Not necessarily asking for an .img file, I'd be more than happy to purchase a copy if I can find one (for a reasonable price). However, eBay also seems to be failing me as far as tracking a copy down.
drignor

Re: Jingle Disk

Postby Hargle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:24 pm

huh. I have never seen a 1985 version of that program. I have an original 1986 disk (I swear I had two of them, but only spotted one tonight) and it matches what you're finding online.
I'm sorry I don't have a better lead for you, but I will officially put it on my missing list.
Hargle

Postby drignor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Yeah, it's out there somewhere. LGR did a video about Jingle disk and actually shows the 1985 version, which shows the opening with the jack in the box, which is exactly how I remember the disk I used to have opening. You can check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUnb-AoFyTY.
drignor

Postby drignor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 pm

FOUND IT! After doing some more digging I found a message board where some guy was hosting an ftp site with various vintage Christmas software. I was able to grab a copy of it from there.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. That "guy" hosting the FTP site was Trixter! If you're reading this, thanks for the upload!
drignor

Postby Hargle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:57 am

well well well. trixter's been holding out on me then. :P
Glad it has been found, and now that I'm aware of two versions of it, it will go immediately into the total dos collection forever.
Hargle

Return to PCjr Software