Cartridge BASIC in DOSBox?

Software related questions

Cartridge BASIC in DOSBox?

Postby ronaldherrera » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi, I don't know if this is a repeated old issue or theme I should say... but, does someone knows how to use the old BASICA (could be with the BASIC cartridge) of the PCjr to use it with DOSBOX in order to use statements or the instruction SCREEN 5 or the color attributes that only PCjr could offer? For example, I have installed DOSBOX to use GW-BASIC. But I wan't to tangle with several screen mode like SCREEN 5. In order to try to do so, I have found a img-like type file to BOOT as BASIC.jrc for this purpose, but I could't because it didn't work. I have been selecting the options for machine-pcjr in the DOSBOX config, but it have something to do with the header of the binary file of the Cartridge, I guess. Is there's somewhere that I can access a working BASIC.jrc in order that DOSBOX can manage?

Ronald.
ronaldherrera

Re: pcjr games

Postby James » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:09 am

Depending on what you are trying to do, and whether you get your PCjr going again, Qbasic's screen 7, might be a better way to go. If you are writing a program for Dosbox, Qbasic screen 7, will give you a 320x240 16 color screen. It won't work on the PCjr, although I haven't tried it. Even modifying an existing BASIC PCjr program to run in screen 7 should be doable.
-PCjr (1989)-DOS 3.3, Racore Drive II, jrIDE-128 MB DOM, jrExcellerator, Tandy Mod, Serial Card, Combo v2, Config Plus, IBM Parallel Port, Megaboard, Xircom PE3-10BT
-PCjr (2001)-DOS 3.3, jrIDE-128 MB DOM, NEC v20, Parallel Port, Comswap, Xircom PE3-10BT
James

Re: Cartridge BASIC in DOSBox?

Postby ronaldherrera » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah! you are right. I have been able to modify several programs to SCREEN 7 made on a PCjr and it work fine. Although I was looking for to see if the cartridge could be able to work on DOSBOX. Not only that, there're several other cartridges, including games, that I'll like to see them running. But, something maybe I'm doing in the dosbox-conf with the "BOOT cartridrige.jrc" (machine=pcjr) that I'm not taking under consideration. Thank you!

Ronald.
ronaldherrera

Return to PCjr Software