Computer Reset

General discussions on the PCjr

Computer Reset

Postby jscrow » Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Just saw this post on a Facebook along with a bunch of pictures of the warehouse stocked full of vintage computers and parts. I've bought many things from Computer Reset through the years and remember drooling over their catalogs in the 80s...

"CALLING ALL SERIOUS COLLECTORS: Come to Computer Reset during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9525 Skillman St, Dallas, Texas 75243. *DO NOT CALL*, just go! This is a 38,000 sqft facility full of vintage computing hardware. The old man who owns it has fallen ill, and the business is shutting down. *BIDS ARE BEING TAKEN TO CLEAR OUT THE ENTIRE FACILITY AND PUT IT INTO LANDFILL* If you snooze, you lose. NOTHING WILL BE SHIPPED, NOTHING WILL BE BROKERED FOR YOU. DO NOT CALL THE PHONE NUMBER! SHOW UP AND BUY! This is your last chance before it's all disposed of. CASH SALES ONLY!!!"
jscrow

Re: Computer Reset

Postby kotto7877 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:11 pm

jscrow wrote:Just saw this post on a Facebook along with a bunch of pictures of the warehouse stocked full of vintage computers and parts. I've bought many things from Computer Reset through the years and remember drooling over their catalogs in the 80s...

"CALLING ALL SERIOUS COLLECTORS: Come to Computer Reset during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9525 Skillman St, Dallas, Texas 75243. *DO NOT CALL*, just go! This is a 38,000 sqft facility full of vintage computing hardware. The old man who owns it has fallen ill, and the business is shutting down. *BIDS ARE BEING TAKEN TO CLEAR OUT THE ENTIRE FACILITY AND PUT IT INTO LANDFILL* If you snooze, you lose. NOTHING WILL BE SHIPPED, NOTHING WILL BE BROKERED FOR YOU. DO NOT CALL THE PHONE NUMBER! SHOW UP AND BUY! This is your last chance before it's all disposed of. CASH SALES ONLY!!!"

FYI... this place was only open for a day or so after the video associated with that Facebook post was uploaded to youtube. IT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED, and there is no word on whether it might temporarily reopen next week.

It was already closed as of last Thursday (I think the walkthrough video was posted to youtube late Tuesday). The video has since been deleted, so people cannot see the sheer quantity of stuff in that warehouse. :-( I'd wanted to show my friends that video, but I didn't download it from youtube and thus can't show them.

Watch the Retrobattlestations subreddit for news. A couple of Dallas folks have gone to the place each day and posted updates on that subreddit. I'm crossing my fingers... would be nice to finally get a freakin' plain vanilla PCjr sidecar for my jr-IDE (surprising to me how much of a drought has been on ebay ever since I started looking for a jr and accessories).
kotto7877

Re: Computer Reset

Postby jscrow » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 am

LGR added a Computer Reset update and video tour on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvM82T3C2Ik

There is an unbelievable amount of PCjr stuff there. I'm thinking about making a trip to Dallas ...
jscrow

Return to PCjr General Discussion