Price Check: NIB PCjr and Monitor

General discussions on the PCjr

Price Check: NIB PCjr and Monitor

Postby Tempest » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 am

I have a chance to pick up a PCjr and Monitor which are basically NIB (used once or twice). It also comes with the wireless keyboard (also boxed) and maybe a few education cartridges (Spinnaker stuff I assume). As my current PCjr setup is having issues, I'm seriously considering it. He wants $300 for it which seems a little high to me, but as both the monitor and system are basically unused maybe that's not unreasonable (I honestly don't know what current PCjr prices are). He's also close enough for me to drive and pick up so I don't have worry about it being destroyed in shipping. Is this a good deal or should I hold out for something better?
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

--- AtariProtos.com ---
The color of infinity inside an empty glass
Tempest

Re: Price Check: NIB PCjr and Monitor

Postby DarkStar2032 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:32 am

Just my 2 cents....
I troll eBay for PCjr stuff often. $300 seems to be about the reasonable going rate for a complete system (IMHO).
Though, what is included beyond monitor, unit, powerbrick, keyboard, basic cartridge, and one sidecar (typical complete system) can vary quite a bit.
It's still less total than each individual piece.

Just make sure YOU think it is a reasonable price for what you are getting. A seller can ask for any amount, but an item is only worth what someone will willingly pay for it.
Hi-ho, KERMIT the computer file transfer/management protocol here.
And welcome to NULL MODEM Street.
DarkStar2032

Re: Price Check: NIB PCjr and Monitor

Postby Tempest » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 am

Honestly I think it's probably a good deal because they're basically unused. The monitor alone seems to go for $100-$150 + shipping (which is usually another $50-$60). This one not only comes with the box (which is rare) but I don't have to worry about it being destroyed in shipping. My system came with some mods already installed (Tandy and Thin Font) so it might also be nice to have a 'virgin' machine.

I just wanted to make sure the price wasn't way out there or something.
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

--- AtariProtos.com ---
The color of infinity inside an empty glass
Tempest

Return to PCjr General Discussion