PCjr Cartridge Collection

General discussions on the PCjr

PCjr Cartridge Collection

Postby jscrow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 pm

What's in your PCjr cartridge collection? Does anyone have a complete collection? Here's mine, I've got 16 of the known 26 titles:

jscrow

Re: PCjr Cartridge Collection

Postby Brutman » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:33 pm

I don't know what complete would be, but you are not too far.

It looks like you've got the oddball Racore PCID Cartridge and the clock cartridges. There is a QuickSilver cartridge to speed up the POST process by not testing the memory as well, and the various PC Enterprises Configuration cartridges.

Demon Attack is really nice - it's my favorite cartridge game. I wish I had bought more of them when I first saw them. (About 18 years ago somebody was selling them for 10, new in the original shrink-wrapped box.)

Mike
Brutman
Site Admin

Postby jmetal88 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 pm

I only have one cartridge, a loose Demon Attack with no label (actually purchased off eBay as a 'Mystery Cartridge', which, since I owned no PCjr cartridges at the time, I was guaranteed not to have).
jmetal88

Postby TimsPCjr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Nice collection. I remember IBM really pushing the Andrew Tobias program back then. I was more a code head then and never had but the IBM basic cartridge. A game I liked was a 5.25 disk version of Wizard of Wall Street.
TimsPCjr

Postby OldComputerGuy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:31 am

I need Demon Attack. I only ever saw one on ebay and it sold over $100 for a loose cartridge. I have a boxed copy of Pitfall II that cost me less than half that. It was sealed originally but I had to open it because the box said IBM PC floppy version on it and I had never heard of that before.
OldComputerGuy

Postby Chuckphd53 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:45 am

I am amazed that there are not more of the Boxed Mouser/ Mineshaft etc. type games out there that should be for sale...
or maybe the folks just tossed them when they moved away from the Jr !
I keep looking for a 'mint' Mouser, as well as others but the RAT is on top of my list for now!
(PCJR/JR-IDE-512DOM,TandyMod,V20-10Chip,BiDir,LPT2,3FlopBrd,
USBEmulator,ZIP100,PS2Keybrd,MouseSysMouse,InternalSwitcherPS)
Chuckphd53

Return to PCjr General Discussion