Happy Holidays

Say hello here!

Re: Happy Holidays

Postby KenG » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Good job Shaos! I just ordered an IDE cable and IDE CF reader to see if I can get them to work together. These threads inspire me to do more than I ever nought I could.
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Postby Shaos » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:19 pm

KenG wrote:Good job Shaos! I just ordered an IDE cable and IDE CF reader to see if I can get them to work together. These threads inspire me to do more than I ever nought I could.

I think cable is not needed in case of CF, because you can get CF-to-IDE adapters for $2 from Ebay (Shenzhen) and it works :)

P.S. It's directly connected to JR-IDE:

P.P.S. I tried a few other sizes and only 16 MB worked with DOS 3.20. CFs 32 MB from CISCO don't understand LBA. 256 MB has extended partition that DOS 3.20 doesn't recognize. 4GB is FAT32. I also bought a few 24MB and 30MB - will see if they are ok with this setup...
Attachments
PCjr-CF.jpg
(158.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shaos

Postby KenG » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 am

I need the cable to try to get them to work together. Two devices, master and slave. You might try re-partition and re-format on the Jr. That is why I decided on DOS 5.0. Bigger partitions and more compatible with newer systems.
Enhanced PCjr with a jr-IDE (1GB DOM) and a parallel port side car with a compact flash reader and backpack 1.44mb floppy attached. Tandy video mod.
KenG

Postby Shaos » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 am

I bought dual adapter for about $3 - waiting
Shaos

Previous

Return to Introductions